Raspberry Fruit Base (96 Ounce) - Vintner's Harvest
Quick Overview* * *Limited to quantity in stock* * * An Oregon grown gem, bright red, medium sized berry with the familiar flavor. Recommended Yeast: Vintner's Harvest VR21 Vintner’s Harvest Winemaking...
Vintner’s Harvest Winemaking Process
The following process is to be used in conjunction with the recipes that appear on each can of Vintner’s Harvest products. The recipes may vary slightly with each product. 1. Sanitize all equipment and utensils with sulfite solution. (See below for instructions for making sulfite solution).
2. Put straining bag in fermenter, add fruit and tie off bag (except in the case of Apple and Elderberry which have no fruit pieces).
3. Add all ingredients as directed on can label (excluding those with a * as they will be added later. Add sulfite solution and stir well to make sure sugar is dissolved.
4. Cover with a damp cloth or fine mesh fabric and let sit overnight to allow SO2 to be released.
5. Sprinkle yeast on top of mix. Temperature should be between 70 – 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Next day, gently stir top half of mix mindful not to stir sediment at bottom. Repeat daily until specific gravity lowers to 1.040 (4 – 5 days).
7. When gravity reads 1.040, remove bag of fruit. Press and strain juice from pulp and discard pulp. Transfer wine into secondary vessel, top up with water to minimize air space. Attach fermentation lock.
8. Transfer wine again (3 – 4 weeks) when gravity reads 1.010 to 1.000. Add 1 teaspoon of sulfite solution per gallon of must.
9. After wine is clear (2 – 3 months) stabilize with Potassium Sorbate to prevent renewed fermentation, sweeten to taste if too dry. Enhance flavor and aroma with natural fruit flavor at this time if desired. Bottle.
10. Wine can be consumed at this point, but will benefit with aging of 6 months to 1 year.
To make a sulfite solution dissolve 5 teaspoons of potassium metabisulphite powder into 1 Cup or 8 ounces of water.
Sulfiting your Wine:Add one liquid teaspoon per gallon of must (unfermented juice) per directions. Sanitizing: Use 1 – 2 teaspoons of liquid solution per gallon of water to sanitize equipment. Solid packed fruit in their natural juices. Packed in 96 oz tin. Priced per tin. Each tin is supplied with a 5 gallon yield recipe. Additives and yeast are NOT included.
Purchasing & Delivery
Before You Buy
To avoid delivery day disappointments, please double check your shopping cart, shipping address, and contact information.
$7.99 Flat Rate Shipping and Free Shipping:
Exclusions: Wine Ingredient Kits, Glass Bottles, Glass Fermenters, Glass Growlers, 50 and 55 Pound Bags of Grain, all single items weighing over 40 Pounds, and Blichmann Engineering that have to be Drop Shipped. Shipping is included with Rubystreet Brewing Systems that are shipping in the Contiguous 48 States only.
Same Day Shipping:
If your order is received by 12:01 p.m. EST on any business day, we will ship your order the same day. Any orders received after 12:01 p.m. EST will be shipped the following business day.
Shipping Transit Time & Costs:
If your order’s ship weight is less than 3 pounds, we elect to ship using USPS Priority Mail. All other orders will be shipped via FedEx. There is a transit time calculator in the shopping cart. Most purchases will arrive within 3 days of shipment.
Out of Stock Items:
If the item you ordered is out of stock, we will notify you via email within 24 hours of estimated shipping date.
Items Ordered in Advance of delivery such as Chilean Juices and Wine Kits: We will post an estimated date of arrival of this item on our website. We will email updates to customers who have placed orders.
Shipping to Freight Forwarding Companies:
Due to previous fraudulent orders, we will not process any orders that have these type of shipping addresses attached. If you are a returning customer and we already have you in our database, we will attempt all means to process your order. Please know both Countries (United States and the country you are ordering from) Import/Export Customs before ordering.