Danstar Windsor Ale Yeast
Quick OverviewBrewers wanting to create authentic English-style ales choose Danstar Windsor yeast to bring out the right characteristics from their beer. Windsor ale yeast is a true English strain that produces...
Brewers wanting to create authentic English-style ales choose Danstar Windsor yeast to bring out the right characteristics from their beer. Windsor ale yeast is a true English strain that produces a beer which is estery to both palate and nose with a slight fresh yeasty flavor. Beers created with Windsor are usually described as full-bodied, fruity English ales. Brewers choose Windsor to produce beers that range from pale ale to porter with moderate alcohol levels and the flavor & aroma characteristics of the best traditional ales. Depending on the composition of the recipe, Windsor demonstrates moderate attenuation which will leave a relatively high gravity (density). Recommended fermentation temperature range for Windsor is 17° to 21°C (64° to 70°F). Windsor is available in 11 gram vacuum-sealed sachets and 500 gram vacuum-sealed packages. Bulk volumes are available by special order.
• Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
• A top fermenting yeast.
• The typical analysis of the active dried strain: Percent solids 93%–95% Living yeast cells 7 x 109 per gram of dry yeast Wild yeast
Brewing Properties:• Quick start to fermentation, which can be completed in 3 days above 17°C.
• Moderate attenuation, which will leave a relatively high gravity.
• Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation is dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and the nutritional quality of the wort.
• Non-flocculent strain, but some settling can be promoted by cooling and use of fining agents and isinglass.
• The aroma is estery to both palate and nose, and is usually described as a full-bodied, fruity British ale. Does not display malodours when properly handled. Windsor yeast has found great acceptance in producing strong-tasting bitter beer, stout, weizen and hefe weizen.
• Best used at traditional ale temperatures after rehydration in the recommended manner.
Purchasing & Delivery
Before You Buy
To avoid delivery day disappointments, please double check your shopping cart, shipping address, and contact information.
$7.99 Flat Rate Shipping and Free Shipping:
Exclusions: Wine Ingredient Kits, Glass Bottles, Glass Fermenters, Glass Growlers, 50 and 55 Pound Bags of Grain, all single items weighing over 40 Pounds, and Blichmann Engineering that have to be Drop Shipped. Shipping is included with Rubystreet Brewing Systems that are shipping in the Contiguous 48 States only.
Same Day Shipping:
If your order is received by 12:01 p.m. EST on any business day, we will ship your order the same day. Any orders received after 12:01 p.m. EST will be shipped the following business day.
Shipping Transit Time & Costs:
If your order’s ship weight is less than 3 pounds, we elect to ship using USPS Priority Mail. All other orders will be shipped via FedEx. There is a transit time calculator in the shopping cart. Most purchases will arrive within 3 days of shipment.
Out of Stock Items:
If the item you ordered is out of stock, we will notify you via email within 24 hours of estimated shipping date.
Items Ordered in Advance of delivery such as Chilean Juices and Wine Kits: We will post an estimated date of arrival of this item on our website. We will email updates to customers who have placed orders.
Shipping to Freight Forwarding Companies:
Due to previous fraudulent orders, we will not process any orders that have these type of shipping addresses attached. If you are a returning customer and we already have you in our database, we will attempt all means to process your order. Please know both Countries (United States and the country you are ordering from) Import/Export Customs before ordering.