2 1/2 lbs.
white granulated sugar
1 level tsp.
1 1/2 level tsp.
pectic enzyme powder
Pasteur-Champagne wine yeast
Starting specific gravity should be 1.090-1.095, acid .60%
- Use only sound ripe fruit and remove the stones.
- Crush fruit and put all ingredients except yeast in the primary fermenter.
- Add hot water and stir to dissolve sugar. Cover with plastic sheet. When must is cool (70-75 degree f.) add yeast.
- Stir the must daily. Ferment for 5 to 6 days or until specific gravity is 1.040. Strain out fruit pulp and press.
- Siphon into gallon jugs or carboys and attach fermentation locks.
- Rack in 3 weeks then again in 3 months.
- Fine with Super-Kleer Finings and when wine is clear and stable, bottle. To preserve flavor and color add 1 Antioxidant tablet per gallon at the time of bottling. Wine may be sweetened to taste at time of bottling with sugar syrup (2 part sugar to 1 part water).
- Add 2 Wine-Art Stabilizer tablets to prevent renewed fermentation.
Age 1 year.